Saturday, February 20, 2010

Book lover

It could be said that I have an unhealthy obsession with books.

The colors, the smells, the words, the stories all of it is just a little bit intoxicating... hold on I'm feeling a bit woozy.

The bookstores in our local area have a mug shot of me behind the counter it says "Book Handler" beware of this customer she frequently comes in and handles your merchandise, smelling the binding and incoherently rambling.

Guess it's a good thing my significant other is an author eh?

So just before Christmas Jason had a signing at Winchester Book Gallery in Winchester, VA... great folks there. While we were there I did a bit of Christmas shopping you know for the little punks and their mom of course.

Well I found this little set of books that has rapidly become a favorite in our house. They are absolutely yummy. The creators are Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Jan Corace what a wonderful idea and fabulous illustrations.

Here's the set: "Little Pea", "Little Oink" and "Little Hoot".



Let's start with "Little Pea". You can't help but fall in love with something that is so darling.



Who doesn't like the candy that he must eat everyday... I need one of these at my house.



But who would much rather eat his spinach! Yes I'm pretty sure I love this "Little Pea".



Next we have "Little Oink". Cute little piglet that he is...



he HATES mess up time. Yes I think I could find a place in my home for him too.



You know what his favorite game is?

HOUSE!!! He loves to play house and clean up! "Little Pig" and I are good, good friends.



But my favorite my absolute favorite is...

"Little Hoot". I love him because I have a house full of "Little Hoots" sweet little somethings that love going to sleep.



Poor Hoot he has to stay up... he just wants to go to bed mom... let the little guy go to bed. I feel for you buddy I want to go to bed too.



But alas he MUST play for ten more minutes... this is Koleson's favorite part he counts with me.



And then finally he is allowed to go to bed... in his cozy little nest he slips off to sleep.



Yes I love these books, they bring me a bit closer to my babies, they bring them joy and they remind me that someday they will be reading to their own children. But for now they are mine to hug, hold and tickle. Sweet reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment