Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Big Sky Country

From the ages of 6-12 I lived in Wyoming... BIG SKY COUNTRY. I loved it. I know it is where I gained my appreciation and love for deep blue skies filled with puffy clouds.

This here is the ranch house (my home) on the ranch in Wyoming on the Henry's Fork river where I spent those years.



Isn't it quaint? And look at that sky and those clouds, how I loved those skies and still do to this day. It meant a long day of work ahead but it also meant cool breezes and happy animals.


This picture here shows a bit of the ranch further down the river. That pasture was the oat field (because they used to grow oat there) and the one further down was the new field. The new field because it was "new" as we had cleared the land and planted the field. Lots of hours spent with a shovel trying to get the water to go where we wanted it to. We didn't have the modern convenience of sprinkler systems, we had to flood irrigate from the river. You can see some of that handy work in the meadow to the front of the pic.



It was a beautiful place full of many secret places to play and wildlife so abundant you would have thought it was a reserve.

I loved the years of my life that were spent there.



Well I am all grown up now... although that is debatable some days... and I live in a beautiful valley nestled among the mountains of Virginia and just a couple of days ago I woke up to this...



Yes this...

This beautiful blue sky filled with puffy clouds...

Did I make a trip to big sky country and not know it...

Wait am I dreaming...

I think I might be losing my mind...

Nope they are really out there and it is really that beautiful and I am really that blessed...

And I thank the Lord everyday for it.



I hope this day brings you something that reminds you how blessed you are!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I remember those days well! Oh wait, no I don't. Still, sounds like a fun childhood. How did you end up with a slacker like me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I also grew up in Wyoming, and I really miss that Big Sky Country! Thanks for a little taste of home today.

    ReplyDelete