Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Fair!

The fair has come and the fair has gone. All that is left is the tire tracks, dusty footprints, empty animal stalls and the last lingering scents of fair food...

MMMMM... FAIR FOOD


And lets not forget the memories. I have a lifetime of fair memories...

Attending the fair as a child in Idaho... the horse shows, the rides, the rodeo, gathering bags of freebies to take home and enjoying good food with family and friends.

Then again in high school going to the fair with a date... riding the rides, playing the games on the midway, laughing, playing and enjoying all the different kinds of food.

And now once again the fair has made an appearance in my life. Now I attend with my family enjoying all it has to offer... the animals, the petting zoo, the booths, the exhibits, the rides, the midway and of course the food.

Sadly, upon arriving at the fair this year I realized that I forgot my camera (the good one) and all I had on my was my iPhone... sad sad sad... I suppose I could have run home but once you are at the fair you just can't leave until they kick you out.

So after forking over all my funds to my kids for armbands, caramel apples, cotton candy and lots and lots of water. I got on the Ferris Wheel with my husband and snapped a few shots with the device iPhone calls a camera.







Now we wait with excitement and wonder as to what the fair will bring next year. Come join us if you dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment