Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cake

"This year I want a Minnie Mouse cake."

"Mom will you make me a Minnie Mouse cake this time?"

"Last year I had Mickey Mouse, so this year I want Minnie Mouse."


I was very prepared to make a Minnie Mouse cake this year... I had it all mapped out in my head and I was ready to make it happen.  Then about a week before his birthday he started in with this.

"Well maybe I want Donald Duck."

"Could you make a Goofy cake?"

"Maybe I want a soccer ball."


I began to panic a bit... what if he wants a cake I can't pull off.  I was running out of time to have a bakery make it.  So I sat him down and we had a heart to heart.


"I just don't think I want Minnie Mouse anymore."   

"What sort of things would you like your cake to be, buddy?"

"Well I like cars, balls, games...."

"Okay but this isn't 'Cake Boss' bud. We have to pick something Mom can make."

(light bulb comes on)

"Baseball!  I want a baseball!"

"A baseball cake, you want a baseball cake?  Are you sure?"

"Yep!"


3 comments: